Greetings everyone! And welcome to the summer issue of the Crime Mapping & Analysis News.
In this issue, you’ll find an interesting mix of articles on practical applications of mapping technology to not only help fight crime but also locate missing children as well as a brief summary of latest software and resources available in the field of crime analysis and crime mapping. The articles included in this issue are:
- Police Foundation’s Public Safety Open Data Portal
- Policing on Purpose: Revisiting Problem-Oriented Policing
- Role of Mapping Technology for Locating Missing Children
- Ripeness and Hot Spots in Time: Possible Futures in Micro Place-Based Policing
- CrimeStat IV – a spatial statistics program for the analysis of crime incident locations
I hope you’ll enjoy reading about what our fellow colleagues are doing. I am always looking for articles on innovations in policing to include in the newsletter. I encourage you to submit articles on the interesting work you are doing that you would like to share with others.
I would like to thank everyone who sent us their articles, and also our editorial team who spent time to publish this issue. We love to hear from you, so please send us your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org